Flow Capital provides founder-friendly growth capital for high growth companies across North America and the UK through venture debt and revenue-based financing.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the growth capital needed to sustainably scale their businesses through our fast, flexible, and founder-friendly alternative debt structures. We are a small team of professionals with our head office in downtown Toronto.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our team. Reporting to the CFO, this position is primarily a full cycle accounting role, but also has exposure to additional finance and investment activities.
Note: This position has the flexibility to partially work remotely, although candidates must be based in Canada near Toronto.
- Manage and execute all accounting functions, including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage and process accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparation of wire, cheque and EFT payments
- Manage and complete bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Perform month-end closings
- Process payroll for small team of Flow Capital staff
- Maintain investment amortization and fair value schedules
- Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules
- Prepare the trial balance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting including dashboards for management
- Lease accounting
- Prepare draft financial statements
- Other financial and accounting administration
- GST/ HST / Corporate Tax preparation and filing
- Support audit engagements by taking a lead role in preparing documents for annual external audit
- Aid in the evaluation of the financial health of portfolio companies and help with the preparation of financial presentations and analyses
- Post-secondary degree in accounting, finance or related courses, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of consolidation accounting concepts and full cycle accounting principles
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of IFRS Financial Reporting and US GAAP
- Proficiency in Sage 300 is required; experience with QuickBooks will be an added advantage
- Experience with Ceridian and Concur will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish rapport and maintain relationships with internal and external staff including executives
- Interest in financial analysis and demonstrated analytical skills
- Team player with the desire to succeed in a small company environment requiring flexibility and the need to wear many hats
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Flow Capital will, upon the request of the applicant, provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. We will consult with applicants to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position here.